Passengers in SUVs are now known to be more likely to survive a serious crash. A new study conducted by the University of Buffalo in the US has found the driver of the SUV is as much as 10 times more likely to survive in a head-on collision where a passenger car is involved. While automakers have taken steps to improve safety in normal passenger cars, such as changing bumper designs on ...
Spain has reported a trade surplus, the first since 1971. With imports slumping due to austerity measures, the first monthly trade surplus for more than 40 years is being seen as a positive development. However, the country is still suffering from an economic downturn with unemployment in Spain now running at 26.7%. The surplus of 634.9 million euros in March reflects a 15% plunge in ...
Italy's coalition government has promised to abolish some salaries and perks which are handed out to government ministers. A controversial property tax will also be abolished, or frozen, by the new government of Enrico Letta, who has also promised to do away with the double salary received by some parliamentarians. Before the election, it had been mooted by Letta's coalition partners that ...
Paintings by Jackson Pollock, Roy Lichtenstein and Jean-Michel Basquiat smashed all previous auction records at Christie's in New York during the week. In fact, several works by popular artists brought extraordinary prices. The items made $495 million for their owners at the valuable sale of postwar and contemporary art at Christie's. However, a single Andy Warhol Painting of Marilyn ...
3G operators in Thailand have all agreed to cut their tariffs. The Thai National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission has been pressuring providers to lower all their 2G and 3G tariffs by 15%. The three 3G mobile operators, Advanced Info Service, Total Access Communication and True Move have said they will launch new 3G tariff packages to reflect the request by government. It ...
80.5°F Partly Cloudy
Winds: From the ENE at 8.0 MPH Gusting to 9.0 MPH
Scenes From a Marriage (Scener ur ett äktenskap) [DVD]
From the very beginning, you can tell something is wrong, just under the surface. When Marianne (Liv Ullmann) and Johan (Erland Josephson), who have been married for 10 years, sit down for a magazine interview about their perfect marriage, there is an underlying sense o ... ...
said on Sunday it planned to open more than 50 new franchise stores worldwide over the next five years.F&F, which opened its first franchise store in Saudi Arabia last year, said it would open shops across the Middle East and in Kazakhstan, Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan.Up to six stores will be opened this year, with the first in the Kazakh capital Astana next month.F&F gave no details ...
ATHENS (Reuters) - Greece's bank rescue fund will aim to sell Hellenic Postbank and Proton by mid-July with big banks continuing to absorb small lenders as part of plans to revive the battered sector, the country's foreign lenders said in an inspection ...
The S&P 500 Index (SPX) rose 2.1% last week to close at a record of 1,667.47 Friday, its 16th record close this year. Similarly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJI) rose 1.6% on the week to 15,354.40, its 21st record of the year. The major benchmarks, including the Nasdaq Composite (RIXF), have made a nearly unchecked 16%-17% gain for the year.It's not just the indexes that are ...
(Reuters) - The beginning of the end of the Federal Reserve's massive bond-buying program might come sooner than many investors think if recent gains in the U.S. labor market do not prove ...
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Expectations are running high for Campbell Soup going into the food company's earnings report Monday ...
Making the news
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Le Meridien Dubai
I had taken a rental car from Abu Dhabi and driven up to Dubai, a trip of about 140 kilometres. ...Keep reading
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Miami MirrorMiami Mirror | Breaking Miami & Miami-Dade County News
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Miami news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Miami Mirror is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Miami.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Miami weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Miami Mirror is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
Miranda Kerr stripped for a risque photoshoot in Miami to promote her new range of make-up - part of her Kora Organics cosmetics brand - in the US.
The 30-year-old model flaunted her incredible body in a plunging black swimsuit, the Sun reported.
She recently walked away from her contract with lingerie brand Victoria's Secret in order to spend more time with her family. (ANI)
- Post-session Citizens is best ever says CEO and president
- New rules may make it easier to fight traffic camera tickets harder to win
- In bid to combat prostitution human trafficking lawmakers vote to limit massage hours
- Kids bowl free through September | Deal alerts
- Single winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida | Lotto alerts
- Lightning sparks fire that destroys home in The Villages
- Record winning Powerball ticket of $590M sold in Zephyrhills
- Orlando native heading to Haiti to make a difference
- Mother accused of leaving child home alone locked in bedroom
- Record $590.5 million Powerball jackpot won by single Florida ticket
- Famous New York artists bring huge prices
- Why Enterprise Is Avoiding Windows 8
- Where The iPhone 5 Still Bests The Samsung S4
- Samsung Debuts The New Galaxy S IV
- One Year After The IPO Is Facebook Already A New Economy Dog
- Approaching bipartisan solutions for nation’s housing woes
- Guest When Jason Collins and my father coming out will no longer matter
- When a government nudge becomes a shove
- Tough love for Coppin
- Ghost Ships Murders Bird Attacks Stories To Keep You Awake
- Missile launched from North Korea
- Iraq seeing more violence
- Mobile phones can be tracked says US judge
- Sex assaults convince top general to take action
- Bhubaneshwar hosts rock concert to preserve heritage art
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Miami Mirror headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Royal Palm appoints planning board alternate
- Victim in fatal I-95 crash in Boynton Beach identified as Lantana woman 24
- Portland recycling bins overflowing with dirty diapers
- A 238 square foot retirement home
- 3D holographic fetus and other incredible 3D tech