Americans are at their most optimistic since 2007 according to a Thomson Reuters/University of Michigan index of consumer sentiment. The preliminary index has shown optimism increased to 83.7 in May as stocks surged and real estate climbed. With record stock prices boosting household wealth and unemployment down in some areas, consumers were able to see their way through the effects of ...
production of genetically matched human embryonic stem cells holds potential for treating mitochondrial disease, because the matching is not precise. Somatic cell nuclear transfer, the method that produced Dolly the sheep, duplicates nuclear DNA from the donor nucleus, but not the mitochondria, which are those of the egg cell receiving the ...
So far this year, the principal China story has been one of growth and policy disappointments, leading to a steady de-rating of Chinese ...
The U.S. dollar and its reaction to the Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke's Congress testimony on Wednesday will prove central for crude oil price direction this week, according to CNBC's weekly survey of market sentiment. Nine out of 13 respondents, or about 69 percent, expect prices to soften this week while two forecast gains and the remaining two are neutral on the market. ...
HONG KONG (MarketWatch) -- Japanese stocks rallied to lead Asian markets higher Monday, tracking a positive global lead after U.S. indexes notched another record finish on Friday, although South Korean shares underperformed, weighed by geopolitical ...
79.7°F Mostly Cloudy
Winds: From the East at 7.0 MPH Gusting to 11.0 MPH
Men With Guns
John Sayles' "Men With Guns" is about what happens to a society when brute force and constant threat of violence are the only means of gaining and maintaining power. The film takes place in an unnamed Central American country, where the men with guns are the rulers. Most of the country is divided into tiny segments -- some are controlled by guerrillas with guns, some are controlled by Army soldier ... ...
Whenever a spunky, growing startup gets sold to an established player - the cry goes out. Users won't like it. The culture will be ruined. The startup will be subsumed by its parent. Sometimes it's true, but in the case of ...
Japanese voters are called to the polls for one or another level of government election on average once every year, under six election systems with rules for weighting of votes from urban and rural districts (malapportionment) and single seat and multi-seat districts sufficiently different to produce different party or candidate results from the same voters in successive ...
A run-up in the stock price of Apple supplier Suzhou Anjie Technology lifted the company's controlling shareholders into to the world's billionaire ranks last week. Shares in Anjie, an insulation supplier, rose from 72.1 yuan, or $11.8, on May 10 at the Shenzhen Stock Exchange to 89.1 yuan on Thursday. They ended the week at 87.88 yuan on Friday. Chairman Wang Chunsheng and his wife, ...
Russia developing lethal autonomous robots to help engage in the fight on terrorism, the government said on Friday. You might have thought the world of lethal autonomous robots would be sole be here in the United States, or Japan. Both countries are working on their own version of robotic soldiers. And now Russia has joined their ranks. Only their robo-cop has terrorists in its cross-hairs. ...
Jennifer Lopez Miley Cyrus Taylor Swift Selena Gomez Nicki Minaj At The Billboard Music Awards Red Carpet
LAS VEGAS, NV - MAY 19: Miley Cyrus arrives at the 2013 Billboard Music Awards at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on May 19, 2013 in Las Vegas, ...
Making the news
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Le Meridien Dubai
I had taken a rental car from Abu Dhabi and driven up to Dubai, a trip of about 140 kilometres. ...Keep reading
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Miami MirrorMiami Mirror | Breaking Miami & Miami-Dade County News
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Miami news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Miami Mirror is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Miami.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Miami weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Miami Mirror is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
Miranda Kerr stripped for a risque photoshoot in Miami to promote her new range of make-up - part of her Kora Organics cosmetics brand - in the US.
The 30-year-old model flaunted her incredible body in a plunging black swimsuit, the Sun reported.
She recently walked away from her contract with lingerie brand Victoria's Secret in order to spend more time with her family. (ANI)
- LeBron knows Pacers will try to put me on the floor | Video
- Worker Rescued From Upper Deck of Ship at Port Everglades
- UPDATE 1-Severe Kansas tornado prompts stark National Weather Service warning
- Miami police parts ways with popular First 48 cable show
- Coral Springs seeks public input on future downtown
- ERBA Diagnostics Rooted in Mumbai growing in Miami
- Surrendered dogs up for adoption in Sumter County
- 1 killed in shooting at Daytona Beach motel
- 2 killed after car hits tree in Poinciana
- Lifeguards kept busy during Cocoa Beach super boat races
- Americans happier with economic figures
- Stem cell tech may help mitochondrial disease
- China ‘hard-landing’ trades revisited
- FOMC Decision Critical to Oil Prices
- Asia Markets Japan stocks rally but Korean shares underperform
- Sitting across from the IRS
- Terror taxes and tobacco
- Frank Pignanelli LaVarr Webb How will these national scandals affect Utah politics
- No Obama wont be impeached Column
- Deficit dips but still more to do Your Say
- New colonoscope could revolutionize colorectal cancer screening
- Berlusconis bunga bunga parties featured nuns and nurses but no sex
- Angelina Jolie to play own mum in new biopic
- Darker skin also prone to skin cancer
- Medical aid on sail - documenting the boat clinics of Assam
- Virginia hikers hit by runaway car
- Israel concerned Russian arms will reach enemies
- Syrian bomb disposal experts on high alert
- Iranian spies die in dawn hanging
- Texas takes on large oil firms
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Miami Mirror headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Congress keeps up pressure on IRS
- ERBA Diagnostics Rooted in Mumbai growing in Miami
- Crooks target S. Fla. restaurants for used cooking oil
- Fallin declares state of emergency after tornadoes
- Fire in Palm Springs home leaves six homeless