An Australian sports commentator has sparked outrage on Twitter for an Indian impersonation during a news broadcast. Sandy Roberts had put on an Indian accent and made a joke about eating curry following coverage of the Indian Premier League (IPL) during Channel 7's news broadcast, News.com.au reports. According to the report, Roberts' action caused an instantaneous backlash against him in ...
4G services, which provide mobile users with internet access up to 50 times faster than the current 3G network, will be launched in Shanghai next month when the China Mobile company begins large-scale trials. The fourth generation of mobile phone mobile communication technology standards orm 4G provides users with high-speed internet access on devices such as phones, data cards and MiFi ...
A senior US Senator has posted on Twitter that the country is not working on its foreign policies as of now, remembering that last time when the country had no foreign policies Hitler had started the World War II. Senator Chuck Grassley of Iowa is known for his unusual Twitter feeds referring history, the Huffington Post reports. Grassley has warned that a modern-day Hitler invasion is ...
A leading senior religious clerics in Saudi Arabia has said that Saudi citizens using Twitter will risk damnation. Abdul Latif Abdul Aziz al-Sheikh's declaration comes as a move to attack the US-based microblogging service, the Huffington Post reports. According to the report, Saudi leaders fear that Twitter and other social media services are platforms for making the dissidents voice out ...
In another cyber-attack Twitter and Financial Times (FT) website have reportedly been hacked. An online group called the Syrian Electronic Army supporting Syrian President Bashar al-Assad had followed a phishing attack on Financial Times' mail accounts, Stuff.co.nz reports. According to the report, the hackers have taken control over Twitter account of a news organization where 200 million ...
79.7°F Mostly Cloudy
Winds: From the East at 7.0 MPH Gusting to 11.0 MPH
Men With Guns
John Sayles' "Men With Guns" is about what happens to a society when brute force and constant threat of violence are the only means of gaining and maintaining power. The film takes place in an unnamed Central American country, where the men with guns are the rulers. Most of the country is divided into tiny segments -- some are controlled by guerrillas with guns, some are controlled by Army soldier ... ...
Australian Test batsman David Warner may reportedly lose his place in the squad for the prestigious Ashes tour following his Twitter outburst. According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Warner may now have to face a Cricket Australia code of behaviour hearing to explain why he should still be allowed on the upcoming Ashes series. Warner launched a blistering attack against two of the Australian ...
Australian Test batsmen David Warner is likely to be charged with detrimental public comment for his Twitter outburst under Cricket Australia's (CA) code of conduct, delivering a setback to his leadership aspirations. Condemning Warner, CA's high-performance chief Pat Howard had confirmed that Warner will be disciplined after using the social networking site to launch a savage attack on cricket ...
Recent Augsburg College graduate Kuoth Wiel has a key role in "The Good Lie," which is already being positioned as an Oscar contender for next year. The role was her first attempt at acting. (Photo by Angela Livieri, courtesy of Kuoth Wiel) Kuoth Wiel had a very busy spring. While most of her fellow Minnesotans were busy grousing about the weather, Wiel, 24, spent April and May: ...
World Day of Communications: English, Wales Bishops Share Scripture Through Social MediaBy Ann SchneibleROME, May 09, 2013 (Zenit.org) - During this Year of Faith, leaders of the Catholic Church of England and Wales are encouraging the faithful to use Twitter to spread the Word of God.For each day of the Holy Year, beginning last October, the Catholic Bishops' Conference of England and ...
A DETAILED picture of how "Mr and Mrs Average" live has been built up using data from Facebook. The study shows how men and women develop new interests as they mature - and how the genders are often out of sync. While women tend to take exercise seriously from the age of 34, for example, the average man waits until his 45th birthday before working hard to get in shape. Women's ...
Making the news
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Le Meridien Dubai
I had taken a rental car from Abu Dhabi and driven up to Dubai, a trip of about 140 kilometres. ...Keep reading
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Miami MirrorMiami Mirror | Breaking Miami & Miami-Dade County News
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Miami news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Miami Mirror is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Miami.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Miami weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Miami Mirror is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
Miranda Kerr stripped for a risque photoshoot in Miami to promote her new range of make-up - part of her Kora Organics cosmetics brand - in the US.
The 30-year-old model flaunted her incredible body in a plunging black swimsuit, the Sun reported.
She recently walked away from her contract with lingerie brand Victoria's Secret in order to spend more time with her family. (ANI)
- LeBron knows Pacers will try to put me on the floor | Video
- Worker Rescued From Upper Deck of Ship at Port Everglades
- UPDATE 1-Severe Kansas tornado prompts stark National Weather Service warning
- Miami police parts ways with popular First 48 cable show
- Coral Springs seeks public input on future downtown
- ERBA Diagnostics Rooted in Mumbai growing in Miami
- Surrendered dogs up for adoption in Sumter County
- 1 killed in shooting at Daytona Beach motel
- 2 killed after car hits tree in Poinciana
- Lifeguards kept busy during Cocoa Beach super boat races
- Americans happier with economic figures
- Stem cell tech may help mitochondrial disease
- China ‘hard-landing’ trades revisited
- FOMC Decision Critical to Oil Prices
- Asia Markets Japan stocks rally but Korean shares underperform
- Sitting across from the IRS
- Terror taxes and tobacco
- Frank Pignanelli LaVarr Webb How will these national scandals affect Utah politics
- No Obama wont be impeached Column
- Deficit dips but still more to do Your Say
- New colonoscope could revolutionize colorectal cancer screening
- Berlusconis bunga bunga parties featured nuns and nurses but no sex
- Angelina Jolie to play own mum in new biopic
- Darker skin also prone to skin cancer
- Medical aid on sail - documenting the boat clinics of Assam
- Virginia hikers hit by runaway car
- Israel concerned Russian arms will reach enemies
- Syrian bomb disposal experts on high alert
- Iranian spies die in dawn hanging
- Texas takes on large oil firms
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Miami Mirror headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Congress keeps up pressure on IRS
- ERBA Diagnostics Rooted in Mumbai growing in Miami
- Crooks target S. Fla. restaurants for used cooking oil
- Fallin declares state of emergency after tornadoes
- Fire in Palm Springs home leaves six homeless